New to Austin? Neighborhood Navigation
I will post a series of Neighborhood Navigation blogs in an attempt to describe various Austin neighbhorhoods for the newbies. If you are brand spanking new to Austin, this may help you get your feet.
First, the following links should be of use in understanding a few neighborhoods near downtown and a bit south / SW and for a general Austin reference:
· 78704 – this is a zip code I believe will be of interest to you – this link … http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/vol18/issue14/pols.hoodguides.html … is an article from The Austin Chronicle on 78704 “not just a zip code” with excellent neighborhood descriptions
· http://www.firstthursday.info/ – First Thursday is a neighborhood event on South Congress between Travis Heights and the Bouldin neighborhoods, this will give you a feel for the area
· This is Austin 2007 – http://www.austin360.com/lifestyles/content/lifestyles/tia/2007/index.html – great reference
· Austin Relocation Guide – http://www.austinrelocationguide.com/ – another reference MLS map area note:
· Areas 6 & 7 – close to downtown, includes Travis Heights, S. 1st, Bouldin, Zilker … trendy, 78704, walk to shops, restaurants, clubs etc
· Areas 10N & SWW – if you want to consider newer construction, these areas are easily accessible to areas 6 & 7 but not walkable
Stay tuned for more.
© Julie Nelson and The Nelson Project at Keller Williams Reatly, 2008-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Julie Nelson and The Nelson Project at Keller Williams Realty with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Entry filed under: Neighborhood Navigation.