Sold: 5 Star Green, 904 & 908 Jewell, Austin, TX
5 Star Green and 5 Star Luxury
Offered at $674,900 … SOLD (2008)
5 Star Green
These homes are two of fewer than 50 that have earned the highest rating by the City of Austin’s Green Building Program. Fewer than 20 of these have ever come on the market.
• The windows are vinyl, double-paned, low solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) Energy Star windows. The windows are mostly north-facing to allow light but not heat from direct sunlight.
• The Icynene spray insulation used is one of the best on the market and remarkably reduces heating and cooling costs and consumption, in addition to regulating humidity.
• Due to maximized insulation, an energy-saving 3.5-ton A/C system was sufficient verses the larger 5-ton model.
• The home uses a tankless water heater that saves interior space, provides on-demand hot water, and uses considerably less energy.
• Paint used throughout is low VOC (volatile organic compound) for improved indoor air quality.
• Every major room was wired for a fan and unique CFLs (compact fluorescent lights) were used throughout.
• The standing seam galvanized metal roof offers sun reflection and increased durability over shingles.
• For water conservation, Toto dual flush toilets were used throughout.
• An Energy Star rated home. Energy star lighting and appliances ensure efficient energy usage.
5 Star Luxury
This home features spectacular design and incredible attention to detail. Webber Studios designed the structure and Next Level Austin selected the interior finishes.
• Because height and scale are important, the first floor has 9 ft ceilings, the upstairs bedrooms boast 13 ft ceilings, and the sliding glass doors used are 8’ wide (as opposed to the usual 6’).
• Transoms located about the homes offer natural light.
• Interior steal beams perform double duty as design elements and structural reinforcements for the cantilever, which doubles as the carport.
• For durability, maintenance and elegance we used hard-surface flooring throughout: tile, stained concrete, and engineered hardwood.
• Speakers are installed throughout the house and outdoor deck.
• The kitchen accents include granite counter tops, a glass tile back splash, and maple cabinets.
• A kitchen island with bar seating offers sought-after space for entertaining.
• Designer touches in the kitchen include a commercial style pull-out faucet and stainless steel Jenn-Air appliances.
• The library, with built-in shelving, adds sophistication to the homes.
• A frameless glass shower door and jetted bathtub add luxury to the master bath.
• Pocket and barn doors allow spaces to be flexible, functional, and private.
• Outdoor living spaces include a wrap around deck and two patios upstairs.
© Julie Nelson and The Nelson Project at Keller Williams Reatly, 2013-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Julie Nelson and The Nelson Project at Keller Williams Realty with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.