Current Downtown Statistics
Originally uploaded by thenelsonproject
• An economically healthy Downtown benefits all Austin citizens as downtown-generated taxes pay for City services outside Downtown.
• Downtown is 1.65 square miles, or 0.6% of the total City of Austin land area.
• Taxable value is $3.45 billion, or more than 5% of the City of Austin total taxable value.
• An area of more than 8,000 acres would be needed to generate the same average taxable value on a per acre basis.
• Downtown is currently home to 5,978 residents, hosts 67,000 daytime employees in the CBD and 90,000 daytime employees within a 1-mile radius of 6th & Congress
Source: Downtown Austin Plan, ROMA Design Group and HR&A Advisors for the City of Austin. February 14, 2008