Austin Energy Audit – 1st stats
From Austin Energy:
- 400 audits completed in Austin to date.
- On average, homes are leaking 22% from their duct systems and need an additional 6 inches of insulation.
- 85% of homes are leaking above the “10% or less” that is considered acceptable for energy efficiency.
- If energy efficiency improvements were made to the duct systems and insulation of these 400 homes, the combined savings would be 778, 056 kilowatt-hours a year and $77,800 in annual savings to the customers.
- Approximately 496 tons of carbon dioxide would be avoided annually with the improvements.
© Julie Nelson and The Nelson Project at Keller Williams Reatly, 2008-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Julie Nelson and The Nelson Project at Keller Williams Realty with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.