Buying a home is about to get cheaper for a whole new crop of homebuyers — $6,500 cheaper.
Here’s the latest on extension of the homebuyer tax credit: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hJJraNRE6DjWj2orF7SYJ12PADEAD9BPFFR01
Senate voted yesterday, House votes today … I think it will pass. A few hightlights:
- not just for first-time buyers
- up to $6500 for current homeowners who have owned for 5 years
- up to $8k for first-timers
- primary residence up to $800k
- income limitations
- must be under contract by April 30 and close by June 30
© Julie Nelson and The Nelson Project at Keller Williams Reatly, 2008-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Julie Nelson and The Nelson Project at Keller Williams Realty with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.